Race Day Schedule
Register on race day at 6:30am – 7:45am
7:00am – 1/2 Marathon Walk – All Ages
8:00am – 1/2 Marathon Run – All Ages
8:10am – 5K Buses Leave to Start Line
8:30am – 5K Run/Walk Starts
1/2 Marathon Run
This race begins in Blenheim on King St. next to the Blenheim Arena. The course goes through some Blenheim suburbs then cross country on gravel roads to Erie Beach. The last 10 km of the course runs parallel to the Lake Erie shore line on paved roads and finishes on the beach in Erieau.
1/2 Marathon Walk
The race follows the same course as the 1/2 marathon run. It starts early at 7:00am. To be eligible for the 1/2 marathon walk award, the course must be walked. A run/walk combination will disqualify the individual from receiving a place award.
The course for the 5km race traces the last 5km of the ½ marathon route into Erieau and begins near the parking lot for McGeachy Pond Conservation Area on Erie Shore Drive. Shuttle buses take the 5km walkers and runners from the registration area in Blenheim to the start line. These same buses will return people to Blenheim from the finish line area in Erieau when events have finished.
There are 6 water stations and 2 porta-johns on the ½ marathon route.
Light lunch will be served at the finish line which includes our own ‘TROT DOG’.
Backpacks can be forwarded from the start line area to the finish line.
Shuttle buses will be leaving the finish line area in Erieau and returning people to Blenheim about every 30 minutes beginning about 9:30 am or as demand requires.
- All finishers will receive a medal.
- Ten year age group winners in the running events will receive a custom medal that’s one of a kind. Age group awards are one deep.
- The 5km race has a youth division that goes as follows: 1-10 yrs, 11-15 yrs and 16-19 yrs. These age group winners will also win custom made medals (one deep).
- The overall 5km and ½ marathon winners will receive awards (three deep)
- The top male and female walkers in the 1/2 marathon will receive awards. (one deep)
Race results will be available on Trot to the Beach website and on the WRACE website after the event.